Thursday, November 02, 2006

Tester v. Burns

On the homefront, I am increasingly concerned that Sen. Burns (R. MT) is going to buy his way to re-election. Jon Tester is still leading by a couple of points in the latest polls, but Burns supposedly has $8m left for negative adds (a lot of money in MT) and President Bush is currently stumping in the State.

Increadibly, despite the preponderance of Democratic officials in the state, polls show that the majority of Montanans will not vote for a Democrat if it means giving that party control of congress. That, as well as continued support for the Iraq War across the state (don't ask me why: I don't get it either), makes me believe that Burns could squeek his way back to Washington.

But I haven't lost hope. Tester comes from a long line of Montana farmers, he's missing some fingers (farm work), sports a crew cut and pounds Burns on fiscal responsibility and corruption. Come on Montana, do me proud.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The President's visit in Billings was mainly to rally the base and I don't believe will change many voters choice. We are cautiously optimistic Tester will prevail as people are totally sick of all the tv ads.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home